Volunteer at SRA
Volunteers are an integral part of Snowy Range Academy. We encourage all parents to volunteer as much and as often as your schedule permits. We know that when parents help in their child’s school, a home-school partnership develops that results in an increased quality of education for all students.
Please take a look at the Volunteer Guidelines for more comprehensive information.
How You Can Help
Volunteering opportunities come in a variety of ways. From taking simple projects to work on at home to helping out during the lunch hour, we hope you’ll consider how you can help. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Parent committees
- Preparing materials
- Special events
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings
Please fill out the Volunteer Application. This form provides us with some general information and assists us in organizing our volunteers for the school year. Please return it to the front office.
All volunteers must read and agree to abide by the following guidelines before volunteering at SRA.
For the safety of our children:
- Sign in at the front office.
- Pick up a volunteer nametag.
- Check in with the appropriate person for volunteer instructions.
- Sign out and return your nametag when you leave the building.
Background Checks for Volunteers
All individuals who volunteer to assist with school activities under the following circumstances must undergo screening through the Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) and through a nationwide database selected and used by the Albany County School District #1:
- Any individual who will accompany students on an overnight trip; or
- Any individual who will accompany students on an activity or field trip off school premises and will be alone with a student or small group of students without a Snowy Range Academy employee being within visual contact of the volunteer for more than a few moments.
We will ask all volunteers falling into the above two categories to contact Sarah Nielsen, SRA's Business Manager.
Snowy Range Academy retains the right to reject or refuse the offer of any person to serve as a volunteer at any time for any reason or no reason at all.