We invite you to apply to our school. An education from Snowy Range Academy serves our students well during these important formative years, as they move on to higher institutions of learning, and throughout their lives.
SRA letters of intent are due by April 1, 2023.
SRA's lottery for the 2023–2024 academic school year will take place the first week of April.
In order to comply with federal and state charter school statutes, we must use a lottery for enrollment in the event more students apply for admission to SRA than we can admit.
Federal statute allows us to give priority to the following students:
- Children who completed the previous school year at SRA
- Children of founding members
- Children of administrators, teachers, and staff
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
Kindergarten Age Requirement
Per Wyoming State Statute 21-4-302, students must turn five on or before August 1 of the school year in which they intend to enroll.
Letter of Intent
We may add students at any time during the school year. If you would like to enroll your child in SRA, please fill out a letter of intent, and we will add your child to the enrollment pool.
To be included in the enrollment pool for the upcoming school year, parents must complete the letter of intent form by no later than April 1. We will hold a lottery for each classroom in which demand exceeds supply on April 15. This lottery determines the initial enrollment for the upcoming school year. We may draw names again before the start of school if other openings occur.
To avoid splitting families, we will enter the oldest child in the lottery, and if that child is selected for admission, we will automatically admit any younger siblings to their respective grade levels, if there is space. If the oldest child is not selected, we will enter the next younger sibling into the lottery for his or her grade level, and so forth.
We will give priority lottery status to families who attend an open house or take a tour.
- Observation Open Houses: A great opportunity to see our classrooms in action. Seating will be available in each grade. No reservations are necessary. Come and go as you please, visit more than one room, and pick up literature about the school. There will be tours available.
- Community Information Night: Starts promptly at 6:00 p.m. and is a great chance to learn more about our school, what makes SRA unique, take a tour, and meet and speak with the principal and teachers.
Observation Open Houses
Tuesday, February 7, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, February 22, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, March 23, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, March 29, Noon to 2:00 p.m.
Community Information Night
Thursday, March 9, 2023. We will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
We administer placement tests to all prospective students entering grades 1–8 to ensure we place them in the grade level where they will be most successful. Placement tests do not guarantee nor deny enrollment. The school principal and grade level teachers will review the test results. If prospective students are found to more than one grade level behind their existing peer group, it will be recommended that the student enroll in the grade level deemed appropriate by the teacher and principal.